March 19, 2009

the five dog rule


Let me fill you in on something I've learned... I call it "The Five Dog Rule": Upon learning that a person has five dogs, 98% of the population will immediately consider said person to be strange/crazy/off their rocker.

Case in point: Struck up a good conversation with reasonably cute (and tall... I'm 5'10" so this is an important fact) guy sans wedding ring in line at the grocery store last night. He then notices I'm buying, like, every package of canadian bacon in the store (it's one of the only things I can get my sick dog Sully to eat). He asks... I explain... and then one thing leads to another and before I know it, I've told him I have five dogs. Result: conversation over. Oh well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're right, I only (only?) have 4 and one of those is a foster and people still give me that "ah, that's nice but you're crazy" look!

Brown Dog Boutique said...

I wish I could have 5! I've been reading your blog for a while and have been meaning to leave a comment. I love hearing about your 5 puppies & think your collars are adorable. Thanks for writing!