August 25, 2009

fabulous and philanthropic

Okay, so yes... I know that these have been written about repeatedly (and extensively) on all my favorite design blogs the last few days. But I love them so much that I just can't help myself.

Found My Animal crafts these beautiful (yes, I said beautiful) leashes from hand-spliced rope made by professional New England rope-makers. And then they finish them off with solid brass marine grade cast Italian hardware.

And the best part straight from their web site: "25% of ALL our profits go directly to the Louis Animal Foundation, a unique non-profit group dedicated to spaying/neutering and providing homes for animals who have not yet 'found' their people."

So... a great, well-designed, unique dog product? Check. And they support rescue? Check. AND my dogs would look super stylish walking down the street? Double-check. I'm sold.

No comments: