April 23, 2008

First Shots... Ouch!

The puppies went to the vet last week for their first shots. Kati and I had to carry them into the vet in MAIL CRATES. Everyone was weighed, checked over and then stuck with a big, scary needle. The puppies range from 8.5 pounds (Lulu) down to 6 pounds (Ruby).

Everyone is healthy, but Hazel has developed a hereditary problem with her eyes... actually, her eyelids. She has what is called entropion which is a condition where her lower eyelids roll inwards just slightly, and her eyelashes rub against her eyes. If left untreated, scar tissue will build up and she'll go blind. LUCKILY, it's corrected with a simple surgery and she'll never have problems again. I realize no one will want to adopt a puppy with a defect, so I'm going ahead and getting the surgery done myself. I'm speaking with the vet today about the cost, so y'all pray that I don't have a heart attack when I hear how much it will be.







No comments: