June 10, 2009

catfish dogs


I've been meaning to post about this for a while, but I never had an opportunity to get a photo. And trust me... in this instance, a picture is worth a thousand words.

I have a good friend who lives across the street from two dogs that I have dubbed "The Catfish Dogs." My picture absolutely does not do them justice... both dogs have FUR (not whiskers) on their face that hangs down much longer than the rest of their fur. They are the strangest things I've ever seen.

I mean... what IS that? Both dogs have this Yosemite Sam thing going on. Their owner found them as strays when they were puppies, and she has no idea about their lineage. But my guess is 2 parts Spitz, 1 part catfish, 1 part goat and 1 part Border Collie... with a splash of Tasmanian Devil thrown in for good measure because these dogs are INSANE. I'm pretty sure that if they could get out of their yard, they would try to chew their way through the metal part of my car.

Has anyone out there seen a dog like this before?

No comments: